Meet Microsoft Dynamics 'Business Central'
It was a great pleasure to once again attend Directions EMEA held in The Hague, Netherlands last month.
Microsoft announced some very exciting news with the introduction of ‘Business Central’ the new major update to Dynamics NAV!
What is Business Central?
Business Central includes an all new user experience and enhanced capabilities to help you grow and connect your business.
What does this mean for Garage Hive?
The business central update will be coming to Garage Hive in Quarter 1 of 2019. This will be planned and coordinated with existing customers so it can happen very smoothly with no impact on business operations.
What’s new #1 – Paper-like page layout:
- Hints at context by exposing previously opened pages
- Encompasses all page types
- Highly adaptive to screen size
What’s new #2 – Introducing the back button:
- Streamlines page navigation on desktop and across form factors
- Familiar, natural concept
- Eases the learning curve
What’s new #3 – Action Bar replaces the ribbon:
- Modern presentation – follows office
- Flexible, adaptive, clean
- Leaves more room for content
What’s new #4 – Action Bar for sub-pages:
- Moves actions closer to items
- Makes sub-page actions more contextual
- Leaves more room for main actions
What’s new #6 – Promoted previous/next actions:
- Makes browsing through documents more natural
- Resembles familiar document or photo browsing experience
- Reduces size of the Action Bar
What’s new #7 – Slim/wide mode + transitions:
- Introduces improved two page widths
- Gives user control over use of space
- User preference is remembered
- Attractive and smooth
What’s new #8 – New data field look & feel”:
- Refreshes the individual card elements
- Simplifies the interaction
- Introduces productivity enhancements